We meet every 2 weeks on Sunday, once a month for a short child orientated Shabbat Service.
Children aged three and above will have the opportunity to learn through song parts of the service, Torah and Old testament stories and as the year progresses knowledge about the festivals. Parents of younger children are most welcome to stay and join in.
Older children can have one to one lessons to prepare for Bar and Bat Mitzvah.
Our aim is that our Children should …
- Be proud to be Jewish,
- Learn and understand the practices and traditions of Judaism,
- Learn and understand basic prayers and feel comfortable in a Synagogue
- Read Hebrew (when they are ready)
- Learn, practice and understand the morals, values and ethical behaviour in Judaism
- Build lasting friendships with other Jewish children and the Adult Norwich Hebrew Congregation
- Enjoy their time at Cheder so they are left with positive feelings about their Jewish Education